30 Sep Mechanical Design Engineer (Steel Industry)
Mechanical Design Engineer (Steel Industry)
We are a rapidly expanding engineering company based in Lisburn. Specialising in the design and manufacture of steel moulds for the precast concrete industry with a customer base in the UK and Ireland.
The main role of the Mechanical Design Engineer will be:
- Understand the customers’ needs by reviewing their drawings of the concrete mould they require
- Produce designs using Solidworks
- Work closely to specifications using sheet metal features on Solidworks
- Produce drawings and Bill of Materials for production department
- Create and manage the outline of how the assembly and subassemblies of the mould are to be manufactured.
- Follow up each job during production and provide any further assistance needed during fabrication or assembly.
- Support others within the Engineering team
Skills & Experience
- 4+ Years Design Engineering experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Extremely competent in use of Microsoft software
- Strong Verbal and written communicator
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience within the Steel and/or concrete industry
- Chartered Engineer (Desirable)
Rewards & Benefits
- Salary desirable (dependant on experience)
- 29 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Westfield Health Care plan
- Excellent transport links & Free Parking
- Discounted on-site Gym Facilities
KME Steelworks is a successful, innovative engineering and manufacturing business, which specialises in the design and manufacture of a wide range of steel products. Our 3 specific areas of expertise centre around: Steel moulds for Precast Concert Products, Lazer cutting and sheet metal fabrication work & Precision CNC Machining. KME Steelworks recently received the award of High Growth Business of the year from Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Our mission is to deliver on our commitment by providing a quality product on time, every time to enable our clients to plan with absolute confidence.
Our continued expansion needs great people at the heart of it. This is a fantastic opportunity for some-one to join a Growing business.