11 Jun Graduate Engineer
Graduate Mechanical Engineer (6 month fixed term contract)
KME Steelworks Ltd is rapidly expanding engineering company based in Lisburn. Specialising in the design and manufacture of steel moulds for the precast concrete industry with a customer base in the UK and Ireland.
The main role of the Graduate Mechanical Engineer will be to assist in the design engineers and manufacturing teams of bespoke steel moulds. This will involve extensive use of a Solidworks program.
- Provide engineering support to deliver design projects by reviewing customer drawings of the concrete product that they wish to produce.
- Using the drawing details to build a Solidworks model of the concrete product.
- Using sheet metal features on Solidworks to construct a steel mould around the concrete product.
- Loading the sheet metal parts into nesting software to allow parts to be laser cut.
- Loading the complete assembly into MRP software so production resource can be appropriately allocated and planned for.
- Compiling a full set of drawings and Bill of Materials for the production department, indicating the quantities of each part to be cut and highlighting the parts that require further operations after cutting e.g. folding.
- Creating an outline of how the assembly and subassemblies of the mould are to be manufactured.
- Following up each job during production on the factory floor and providing any further assistance needed during fabrication or assembly.
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineer
- Completed 1 year work placement/experience in design and/or fabrication
- Experience in use of Microsoft software
- Confident Verbal and written communicator
- Ability to handle multiple projects
Rewards & Benefits
- Salary 20,000 -21,500 (dependant on experience)
- 29 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Westfield Health Care plan
- Excellent transport links & Free Parking
- Discounted on-site Gym Facilities